Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Hearthside Holiday Layered Cake Quilt


I just fell in love with Deb Strain's Hearthside Holiday fabric! The colors and prints (deer, snowflakes, plaid, and text) are perfect for Christmas! You may have noticed that Christmas fabrics are my favorite and I love sewing with them! Plus the Layered Cake Quilt Pattern really shows off the gorgeous prints!


I used my Layered Cake Quilt pattern (on sale here for $5) and it was perfect! My Hearthside Holiday Quilt finishes at 54.5" x 74.5" - just slightly longer as I wanted more of the plaid on the panel to show.

I did need to adjust the panel part of the pattern a bit- but it works! One Hearthside Holiday panel comes with (2) rows of 4 blocks. Cut out (1) row 4 blocks (11.5" x WOF)  and then (1) extra block from the second row- allow extra plaid for pattern matching.  Can you tell the far deer on the right is the block I added??? Yay for pattern matching! You will have 3 blocks left over from the panel for a table runner or pillows!



Supplies:



I'm loving the Layered Cake Quilt Pattern as it such a fun and quick pattern to sew! Plus you will use every 10" square...yay for no wasted fabric! Don't let that middle panel scare you- it is easy to change it up! You could also use 1&2/3 yard of your favorite print for the panel piece and use the left over for the binding!  Click here to see Layered Cake Quilt with Seaside Fabric. 



So grab the Layered Cake Quilt Pattern and Hearthside Layer Cake plus Panel (or favorite fabric) and you can sew this quilt up in plenty of time before Christmas!



Be sure to follow me on Instagram @ABitofScrapStuff and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more sewing fun!



Happy Sewing!!!

Melanie

Fat Quarter Shop Jolly Box

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! Love those cute panels in the 'insert' row. Lovely pattern and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!