Monday, November 19, 2018

Cozy Up Mystery Quilt Along - The REVEAL and PRIZES



We have reached my favorite week of  Fort Worth Fabric Studio - Cozy Up Beginner Mystery Quilt Along - the REVEAL! I'm so excited to share the assembly instructions today at Fort Worth Fabric Studio



Let's assemble our Cozy Up Mystery Quilt!
Tips:
  • Press block seams toward opposite directions for each row. Example Row 1- press sewn together block seams to the left and Row 2 - press sewn together block seams to the left  - this will allow the seams to nest for easier matching!
  • I recommend using pins or Wonder Clips to when sewing the quilt rows together to help the seams match. Don't worry - you only have 3 seams per row to match!
  • When sewing Churn Dash blocks together, use a scant 1/4” seam allowance . This will mean you are sewing about a thread width away from point intersections, which allows the points to be fully exposed on the quilt front. 


Be sure to share your finished Cozy Up Mystery Quilt top for PRIZES! #cozyupmysteryquilt 


How to enter:
  • Share your Cozy Up Beginner Mystery Quilt on Instagram using #cozyupmysteryquilt
  • Fort Worth Fabric Studio will randomly draw 3 winners on November 26 at 8 pm CST
Prizes (one prize per winner): 
  • From the fabulous @orchidowlquilts . Free edge to edge longarm quilting for your Cozy Up quilt (shipping, batting, and backing not included)
  • $25 gift certificate to FWFS
  • Large bundle of Christmas scraps from FWFS, many from Friday Bundles!



If you are looking for backing - I used Moda Buffalo check wide back and LOVE it! Plus I had left over to  back my bonus projects - pillows!

Here's a peek at the pillows I made with my Cozy Up Scraps - this fabric is too cute so I had to use it all! A free pattern - will be available soon. I was able to make (2) 20" pillows and then added some extra scraps I had at home to make the third 20" pillow.


I will also be sharing a machine binding tutorial too!


Don't forget - Jodie at Fort Worth Fabric Studio has created "how to" videos too! Videos are available at the Fort Worth Fabric Studio You-Tube Channel here.


I'm so excited to see everyone's Cozy Up Quilts. Be sure to tag both @fwfabricstudio and me @mellierc plus use hashtags #CozyUpMysteryQuilt and #sewingwithfwfabricstudioa PLUS there will be PRIZES!!!


Be sure to follow me on Instagram @ABitofScrapStuff  and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more sewing fun!


Happy Sewing!!!

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!