Friday, November 30, 2018

Simple Patchwork Pillows - use up those scraps


Are you ready to sew pillows?!?!? I LOVE sewing pillows with the left over scraps from my larger quilting projects. Plus you can never have too many pillows!!!

We just finished our Cozy Up Mystery Beginner Quilt last week so you probably have some adorable Cozy Up fabric scraps left over. Let's use them up and sew these easy beginner pillows!!! 



I was able to make (2) 20" x 20" pillows with my left over Cozy Up fabrics --- since I wanted to make (3) I used some 2.5" Moda mini charm squares to make the final one.

Supplies:
Fabric Scraps...yay!!!
20" x 20" Pillow Form
Pillow Patterns available here (free)

Pillow 1: Simple Patchwork Pillow 20" x 20"



Pillow 2: Double Simple Patchwork Pillow 20" x 20"





Since I used the Moda Buffalo Check wide back fabric for my Cozy Up Quilt - I was able to use the left over pieces for all 3 pillows...yay!




I hope you have fun sewing these Beginner Scrap busting pillows! I will be sharing a tutorial for making a zippered pillow back next week. I love using zippered backings so I can change my pillows for the seasons or when they get dirty--I have 3 kiddos ;).


Be sure to follow me on Instagram @mellierc and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more sewing fun!

Happy Sewing!!! 
Melanie




1 comment:

  1. You are SO right! You can never have enough pillows and yes, a great way to use up leftovers - good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!