Monday, August 12, 2019

Don't Dread the Thread - Maxie Mail Sewing Box


Hello Sewing Friends! I'm excited to share my Don't Dread the Thread - July Maxie Mail Subscription Box. This month Maxie is showing us how the use just the right thread for your next sewing project! This is such an awesome box!

Let's chat more about the July Maxie Mail Box-


What's included:

All Threads are by Superior Threads - a quality company that makes fabulous threads and needles!
  • Masterpiece 50 wt. 3-ply Egyptian-grown extra-long staple cotton thread. Designed for piecing, quilting, and sewing. It is certified Egyptian-grown, extra-long staple cotton and designed to create perfectly pieced seams plus has extremely low lint. 
  • So Fine! 50 wt. 3-ply polyester thread. Designed for bobbin thread, quilting, and sewing and is lint free! This is the thread I used to learn how to free motion quilt on my home sewing machine.
  • Monopoly - 100 wt. monofilament polyester thread. Designed for invisible applique and quilting.
  • Kimono Silk - Kimono Silk is a very fine, 100% premium multi-filament silk. Ideal for hand and invisible machine applique, detail quilting and lacework. 
  • The Bottom Line 60 wt. 2-ply polyester thread. Designed for applique, bobbin thread, and quilting.
  • Sew Complete: 50 wt. 2-ply corespun polyester thread. Designed for sewing and crafting.
  • Vanish Lite: Water soluble thread. Perfect for basting and applique.
  • Brochure and Thread Reference Chart - Resource that explains the different threads and when to use each one.

Using the correct type of thread for your project makes your sewing time so much enjoyable as broken thread is no fun! I'm excited to try all these new threads!!!! 

Which thread are you most excited to try?

Don't worry - you can still order the July Box and try all these amazing threads!

Unboxing Video:




I enjoy receiving my Maxie Mail Subscription Sewing Box each month! I love how Maxie always teaches us a new technique and includes the supplies to make the project! It is truly a "class in a box". The Maxie Mail Subscription Sewing Box is great for anyone who loves sewing and quilting! I love how I can take a class right in my home! Plus the projects are always useful and beautiful!

Previous Maxie Mail Subscription Blog Posts 
May 2018 - Cool Tools
April 2018 - Peppermint Rose Pillowcases
March 2018 - Strippy Aunt Josie Mini Quilt/Pillow

Have a great day and happy sewing! 

Be sure to follow me on Instagram @ABitofScrapStuff  and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more sewing fun!

Melanie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!