Tuesday, January 8, 2019

So Much More Needlebook - Maxie Mail December Box


I loved the December Maxie Mail Box!!!! The So Much More Needlebook is perfect and holds all of your sewing essentials perfectly - plus it is totally cute!!! The So Much More Needlebook can be sewn in an evening - be sure to watch Maxie's video for helpful sewing hints! I always watch the video first before I start. Then I watch the video again while I am sewing the project and pause it until I've reached the next step. I find Maxie's videos soooooo helpful!

Let's chat more about the December Maxie Mail Box-


EVERYTHING is included in your December Maxie Mail Box to make the So Much More Needlbook (including scissors and a hummingbird needle threader to place inside) PLUS a full video tutorial. So don't worry if this your first time sewing a needlebook---Maxie makes it easy!

What's included:
  • So Much More Needlebook Pattern AND video by Maxie
  • Outer and lining fabric, by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics -love the scissors print
  • Pocket and binding fabric, by Bonnie Christine for Art Gallery Fabrics
  • Fusible Batting from Quilters Dream Batting
  • Decor Bond Fusible Interfacing
  • National Non-woven’s Woolfelt
  • Gutermann Cotton Thread
  • Super Cute Embroidery Scissors
  • Dritz Fray Check
  • Dritz Hummingbird Needle Threader - so cute
  • Riley Blake Ribbon
  • Silk Yarn
  • Cotton Elastic


Quilting Tips -

- Use your walking or dual feed foot. I used my walking/dual feed foot to assemble, quilt, and bind my So Much More Needlebook. 

- I followed Maxie's suggestion and did straight-line quilting for my So Much More Needlebook. The fabric pattern is spaced perfectly for 1/2" quilting - which made me so happy. I used a Clover Hera Marker to mark the 1/2" quilting lines because I love a straight-line! The thread Maxie included is a perfect match too!

- When attaching the ribbon, yarn, felt, and elastic, stitch them down using the same lines you did your machine quilting. This way the extra stitched lines will look invisible!!!

- I would recommend adding the binding. The binding "hides" all the stop and start threads at the top and bottom of the Needlebook so it looks so nice! If you prefer not to add the binding - I would use a scrap fabric to sew first and then "chain piece" the Needlebook for the quilting so you don't get thread build-up on the actual Needlebook.

Let's peek inside my So Much More Needlebook - 



Your So Much More Needlebook holds all the sewing essentials without being bulky so perfectly! I have mine right by sewing machine. It's also perfect to place in my purse if I'm doing some English Paper Peicing on the go!

Don't worry - you can still order the December Box and sew yourself a So Much More Needlebook. You will LOVE it!

I enjoy receiving my Maxie Mail Subscription Box each month! I love how she always teaches us a new technique and includes the supplies to make the project! It is truly a "class in a box". They are great for anyone who loves sewing and quilting! I love how I can take a class right in my home! Plus the projects are always useful and beautiful!



Previous Maxie Mail Subscription Blog Posts 
May 2018 - Cool Tools
April 2018 - Peppermint Rose Pillowcases
March 2018 - Strippy Aunt Josie Mini Quilt/Pillow

Have a great day and happy sewing! 

Be sure to follow me on Instagram @ABitofScrapStuff  and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more sewing fun!

Melanie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!