Saturday, September 23, 2017

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Part 2


I'm excited to enter my second quilt in Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival! I love how she brought the festival "back to the basics" by having just one post and random winners. I think this is perfect as each quilter has their own unique quilting style- which is what makes quilting so awesome! Plus you can enter up to 2 finished quilts...that was the tricky part...choosing favorites ;). Check out Amy's post here for all the details.





My second entry quilt is the Minecraft quilt I made. This quilt was a labor of love as the twin size quilt has 20 different pixelated blocks!!! Kelli at Seriously...I think it needs stitches- created Minecraft Mondays and released free blocks each week. Her patterns are amazing...plus they were free! Below are just a few of the blocks.


I used a combination of Moda Bella Solids and Free Spirit Designer Solids to make my Minecraft quilt. This is the first all solids quilt I have made! The quilt is backed with minky so it is extra cuddly and warm and perfect for a twin size bed. Can you recognize each of the Minecraft characters?


Because I have three kids and couldn't pick a favorite....I made this quilt 3 times?!?!? I seriously don't know what I was thinking as they took FOREVER. Each quilt was a little different. Here are the other two below. Don't worry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival I'm only entering one of the quilts...but I wanted to share all 3 quilts I made :)




Thank you to Amy for hosting Blogger's Quilt Festival!!! If you want to see more of my sewing adventures - follow me on Instagram @mellierc or here on my Mostly Crafty Blog.


Have a great day!

Melanie

Fat Quarter Shop Quilting Fabrics and Supplies



SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! on your first (2nd AND 3rd) quilt done in all solids. I'm guessing you now have three HAPPY children!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all wonderful! My son would go crazy over a minecraft quilt, I'm sure your kids were so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is on my list to make for my grandson. I have the fabrics. I found some that look minecrafy..little squares and also will use solids. So fun to see all three of yours. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much work involved in every block! What a great result in every quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too awesome, my son is so into minecraft and would love this design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!