Friday, March 3, 2017

Lemon Slice Table Runner and Hot Pad with Pucker Up Friday Bundle Batch at Fort Worth Fabric Studio


Happy Friday!!! Is it summer yet??? This week's Friday Bundle Batch - Pucker Up at Fort Worth Fabric Studio will make you think it is summer! I just love this bright and cheery bundle! 


When I saw all the lovely yellows- I knew I wanted to sew something bright for my home! I remembered the fabulous Orange Slice Mug Rug that Lindsey made last year, which has been on my "must make" list...so I made one.  It was so fun to sew that I needed a matching a table runner so I adapted her pattern into a table runner. Are you ready to sew a  Pucker Up Lemon Slice Mug Rug and Table Runner?

Supplies: (click on links)
Insul-Bright for Mug Rug (so it can be a hot pad too)
Batting from stash
Heat N Bond Lite from stash


For Mug Rug:
Follow Lindsey's fabulous tutorial to make your Lemon Slice Version. I even quilted mine like hers!


Lemon Slice Table Runner
I loved this Orange/Lemon Slice pattern so much that I knew I needed a table runner based on this pattern. Here is a little tutorial so you can make your own.

Cutting:
- Cut (16) 4.5" squares from the yellow fabrics
- Cut and fuse with Heat N Bond 16 Lemon Slices (from Lindsey's Orange Slice Tutorial)
- Cut (2) 10" x 16.5" rectangles from the Swiss Dots Yellow fabric


Piecing and Finishing
1. Sew (16) 4.5" yellow squares together into a 4 x 4 patchwork square (16.5" x 16.5")
2. Follow Lindsey's Orange Slice tutorial to attach 1 Lemon/Orange to each Swiss Dot fabric (center lemon)
3. Sew (1) Lemon Slice to each opposite side of yellow patchwork squares.



To make my table runner backing. I just cut strips of my left over fabrics until it was the desired size. I love being able to use the full fat quarter bundle.



Quilt as desired. I stippled the patchwork and used my free motion foot to draw around the slices and spiral in the center (I free hand....so it's not perfect...but I still like it). 


Now it's time to bind your table runner with the fabulous Small Talk Black Newsprint Studio E  fabric! Doesn't this Lemon Slice Table Runner and Mug Rug make you think it's summertime?!?!?




A bit about the fun extras I used this week...

I wanted to show a close up of the best ever text fabric with sewing words...oh my...it is adorable! I definitely need order more as I LOVE it! Small Talk Black Newsprint Studio E 


I ordered myself a pair of these Polka Dot Scissors and they were great for cutting out the lemon wedges from the fabric that I fused with Heat N Bond. I don't like to use my fabric scissors for this task as I don't want to dull them...so these super cute $2.95 scissors were perfect! See how cute!
Thank you again to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for having me create a project with this fabulous Pucker Up Fat Quarter Bundle!!! Be sure to grab your bundle here. Tag your projects on social media with #sewingwithfwfabricstudio and @fwfabricstudio and me @mellierc

Have a great day !

Melanie

4 comments:

  1. This is very cute. I would love to make this for a gift, of course. Yellow is a fun color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet and awfully tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to purchase this! Do you have an etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be cute in pinks too, pink grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!