I LOVE this Friday bundle: Christmas Past at Fort Worth Fabric Studio! The fabrics are perfect for a fun vintage style table runner! I chose my project based on the Christmas Kitsch trees and Christmas Kitsch wrapping paper fabrics :) I have a mini tutorial below so you can make one too using the Christmas Past fat quarter bundle plus a bit extra of the Sevenberry Dots Cherry Red/White and the Holiday Wishes book.
2. Sevenberry Dots Cherry Red/White 1/2 yard (for borders, binding, and back-up for background of blocks in case of a cutting oops )
3. Holiday Wishes book (plus it is on sale!) Hint...I'm using this book again in a few weeks with another bundle!
4. 1 yard of backing...or purchase the half yard bundle of Christmas Past and piece your backing together.
Optional: Alphabitties are super helpful and make sewing this pattern a breeze.
Table Runner size approximately 15.5" x 74"
Cutting and Sewing
1. Make 3 blocks of Midnight Clear Block of the Month- Block 4 on pages 70-71. I chose this block as you can fussy cut the Christmas trees perfectly :).
|Alphabitties are super helpful|
(2) 2"x 12.5"
(2) 2" x15.5"
3. Sew borders on blocks. Each block should now measure 15.5" square
4. Cut fabric for rectangles between blocks
A. Christmas Kitsch Wrapping Paper (4) 4.5" x 15.5"
B. Marble Swirls Real Green (4) 1.5" x 15.5"
C. Green Snowflakes (4) 1.5" x 15.5"
5. Sew as shown below
6. Quilt and bind (I used the Ho Ho Ho fabric and Sevenberry dots for my binding)
7. Place Christmas Past Table Runner on table with cookies and enjoy!
Taking photos of my table runner was a challenge as my kids kept eating the cookies :)
8. All rolled up and waiting for December!
I hope you have fun making this table runner for yourself or it would be a great gift too (both my Mom and Grandma want one).
Thank you again to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for having me create a project with this fabulous Christmas Past bundle!!! Be sure to grab your bundle here and book here. Tag your projects on social media with #sewingwithfwfabricstudio and @fwfabricstudio and me @mellierc
Only 106 days until Christmas :)
Thank you for reading!