Happy Friday! I was so excited to use the Oh My Darling Clementine Bundle with Fort Worth Fabric to make the Orange Slice Table Runner! I had so much fun making a Lemon Slice Table Runner that I needed a matching Orange Slice one!
I just love all the orange fabrics in the Oh My Darling Clementine Bundle...they just make me happy!
Don't you just love all those orange fabrics!!!
Orange Slice Table Runner Mini Tutorial
2. Ella Blue Sewing School text for binding -1/2 yard
4. Heat and Bond Lite from stash
6. Batting from stash
- Cut (16) 4.5" squares from the orange fabrics
- Cut and fuse with Heat N Bond 16 Orange Slices (from Lindsey's Orange Slice Tutorial)
- Cut (2) 10" x 16.5" rectangles from one of the white background fabrics
Piecing and Finishing
1. Sew (16) 4.5" orange squares together into a 4 x 4 patchwork square (16.5" x 16.5")
2. Follow Lindsey's Orange Slice tutorial to attach 1 Orange to each 10x 16.5" fabric (center orange)
3. Sew (1) Orange Slice to each opposite side of orange patchwork squares.
To make my table runner backing. I just cut strips of my left over fabrics until it was the desired size. I love being able to use the full fat quarter bundle.
Quilt as desired. I stippled the patchwork and used my free motion foot to draw around the slices and spiral in the center. Next attach the orange ric rac.
Now it's time to bind your table runner with the fabulous Ella Blue Sewing School Text fabric!
I actually made two of the Orange Slice Table Runners because both my Grandma and Aunt wanted one :)
A bit about the fun binding I used this week...
I wanted to show a close up of the best text fabric with sewing words...oh my...it is adorable! I definitely need order more as I LOVE it! Ella Blue Sewing School Text
Thank you again to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for having me create a project with this fabulous Oh My Darling Clementine Fat Quarter Bundle!!! Be sure to grab your bundle here. Tag your projects on social media with #sewingwithfwfabricstudio and @fwfabricstudio and me @mellierc
Have a great day!