It is April 1st and Month 3 of the Bella Skill Builder with Fat Quarter Shop! This month is the Pineapple Block and I LOVE it! This was my first time making pineapple blocks and it will not be the last! I love the ombre effect by using different blue-green shades of Bella solids. I did use the Creative Grids Pineapple block ruler and it made my blocks perfect!!!!
Let's make your Pineapple Blocks -
(4 ) 10.5" blocks and (3) 8.5" blocks.
1. Bella Solids of your choice. Available here or grab the kit that Fat Quarter shop created here
2. Bella Skill Builder Block 3 Pattern.
3. Creative Grids Pineapple Trim Tool. I LOVE this ruler. It made my blocks perfect!
4. Jolly Jabber Blog for helpful tips
5. Fat Quarter Shop Video
Pineapple Block tips
- Buy the Creative Grids Pineapple Ruler. I don't always buy the speciality ruler, but this ruler will give you perfect blocks! Plus you will want to make more :)
- Iron after each step before trimming.
- Time. These are not quick blocks so just take your time and enjoy sewing them.
- Follow the FQS pattern. It give ironing and trimming instructions so your blocks will be perfect!
I'm having sew much fun with the monthly Bella Skill Builder! I love that I am making some blocks for the first time plus learning helpful tips to improve my sewing! Thank you Fat Quarter Shop!
I can't wait for May 1st!
Happy April 1st! I hope only funny jokes are played on you today ;)