Friday, September 23, 2016

Merry Gifts Pillows and Placemats with Fort Worth Fabric Studio



Happy Friday! I'm excited to share more Christmas projects with this week's Fort Worth Friday Bundle: Merry & Bright! I love all the glitter in this fabric....it is absolutely beautiful!!! I couldn't quite decide on pillows or placemats so I made both :).  I used the Merry Gifts pattern in Sherri Falls Holiday Wishes book (which is on sale too).  Fun idea: this pattern also works great for birthday placemats too!



Supplies:




Placemats - 14.5" x 18.5":


  • Select fat quarters- one fat quarter is enough for background of one gift OR two bows and two ribbons
  • Make 1 Merry Gifts Block on page 3 for each placemat
  • Layer: - Top: Merry Gifts Block (right side up) - Middle: Batting - Bottom: Backing (right side down)
  • Quilt- if desired. I chose straight-line diagonal quilting
  • Attach 2.5" binding



Pillows - 12" x 14"

  • Select fat quarters- one fat quarter is enough for background of one gift OR two bow and two ribbons
  • Make 1 Merry Gifts Block on page 3 for each pillow
  • Layer: - Top: Merry Gifts Block (right side up) - Middle: Batting - Bottom: Scrap fabric (optional)
  • Quilt- if desired. I chose straight-line diagonal quilting
  • Trim to 12.5"x 14.5"
  • Attach pillow back (favorite technique- envelope tutorial by Lindsey or zipper)
  • Attach 2.5" binding - optional



Thank you Fort Worth Fabric Studio for having me create Christmas projects with the Merry & Bright Fat Quarter Bundle... I LOVE it!

Be sure to share your projects on Instagram @fwfabricstudio #sewingwithfwfabricstudio or link up with Fabric Frenzy Friday on Fort Worth Fabric Studio blog.

Have a great day!

Melanie





SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!