Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Perfectly Pieced: Flag Pillow: April 2024


I absolutely loved making the Perfectly Pieced Flag Pillow this month! The Flag block is super quick (and perfectly pieced) to make with your embroidery machine.  This is the perfect decor piece for all the upcoming Patriotic Holidays.  PS: If you are not American - just don't add the star appliqué and/or change the colors! 

I love the bonus project this month .... a tote bag. Plus the Kimberbell denim tote blank was also included in the box!



Perfectly Pieced: April 2024 Doorstep Contents:


Available now in the Me Time Delivered Shop (here)

  • Printed, full-color, step-by-step block instructions
  • Curated fabric bundle with enough fabric to make one of the included projects
  • Glide Thread from Hab+Dash by Fil-Tec, Mercury 10643
  • Collectible Pin
  • Chenille It 3/8" Natural
  • Chambray Tote

Digital Files Include:

  • Files for 2", 4", 6", & 8" blocks
  • Instructions for 4 projects
  • Custom block-by-block quilting files
  • Allover quilting files for use with Clear Blue Tiles
  • Block Coloring Template
  • Quilt layouts & fabric calculations

I receive the Perfectly Pieced Doorstep Subscription Box - which is AMAZING! Each month I receive digital files (for machine embroidery) to create 2", 4", 6", 8" quilt blocks, bonus project instructions, and quilting files PLUS coordinating fabrics and thread plus a bonus.   I am always so excited when the coral box arrives in my mail box!  You can subscribe to Perfectly Pieced (here) or  purchase past digital files and fabric bundles plus embroidery supplies at the ME Time Delivered Shop (here)


To make my 18" x 18" Flag Pillow, I made (4) 8" finished Flag Blocks and used 2" finished sashing (Cut sashing: (4) 2.5" x 8.5" rectangles plus (1) 2.5" x 2.5" square for center. Instead of using the block by block quilting option - I chose to use the included all over quilting design instead and I love it! 

PS: When I do all over quilting - I really like the dime Snap Hoop Monster (magnetic hoop) - just choose the appropriate hoop for your machine.



Making pillows is a favorite project for me as they are much quicker than a full quilt and are great for decorating! I do want use my scraps and make the tote bag too!


Available now in Me Time Deliver Shop (clickable links)



A bit more about Perfectly Pieced by Me Time Delivered

Perfectly Pieced is a monthly subscription that is available in two options: Digital (digital files only) or Doorstep which includes all the digital files plus a curated fabric bundle, printed instructions, thread, plus notion(s) delivered to your doorstep.  The subscription is zero stress as you can always skip a month, but once you see the upcoming projects - you won't want to skip!  Kimberbell is the parent company of ME Time (machine embroidery delivered) so the quality is outstanding. 

Subscribe to Perfectly Pieced (here). 



On Instagram - I shared reels of me piecing the Flag Block with my embroidery machine and all over quilting. 




Be sure to follow me on Instagram @ABitofScrapStuff and on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more fabric fun!

Have a great day and happy embroidering /sewing / quilting! 

Melanie Call


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!