Friday, June 23, 2023

MSQC Clear Vinyl Tote Bag

 

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #msqcshowandtell #msqcpartner

I'm excited to share the MSQC Clear Vinyl Tote I made. This tote is absolutely perfect for all of your adventures.  Plus I was able to use GLITTER vinyl which is amazing!!!




A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #msqcshowandtell #msqcpartner

Let's gather up supplies and then I'll share some tips of how I made my bag!

Clear Vinyl Tote Bag 10.5" x 5" x 15"
* All the supplies are available at Missouri Star Quilt Co - here
  • Clear Vinyl Tote Bag Pattern by Missouri Star Quilt Co. Don't forget to watch the awesome video tutorial on their YouTube Channel for this tote too!!!! 
  • 3/4 Yard Fabric : Free Spirit Designer Solids by Tula Pink: Legendary
  • 1/4 Yard Coordinating Fabric: Free Spirit Designer Solids by Tula Pink: Whimsy
  • 1 Package MSQC Glitter Vinyl - this is AMAZING
  • 1 Package of Tula Pink Webbing (2 yards)
  • 1 Package Pellon Fusible Fleece
  • Coordinating Thread: I used Aurifil 4182 and 5006
  • Wonder Clips




A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #msqcshowandtell #msqcpartner

MSQC Fancy Vinyl: GLITTER - a must have!

I absolutely love this product! The quality is outstanding! I love that the vinyl was easy to sew PLUS  did NOT wrinkle at all when I was turning and maneuvering the bag while sewing. I'm definitely going to need a few more rolls. Of course,  glitter vinyl is always better than plain vinyl.

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #msqcshowandtell #msqcpartner

Creating a pieced bag bottom is easy and looks fabulous! 

My pattern adjustments:

  • Cut (4) 6.5" x 9.5" rectangles of: Free Spirit Designer Solids by Tula Pink: Legendary
  • Cut (2) 6.5" x 9.5" rectangles of: Free Spirit Designer Solids by Tula Pink: Whimsy
  • Sew (1) 6.5" x 9.5" rectangle of Free Spirit Designer Solids by Tula Pink: Whimsy between (2) 6.5" x 9.5" rectangles of: Free Spirit Designer Solids by Tula Pink: Legendary. Make two exterior bag panels measuring 9.5" x 18.5" each.
  • Fuse (1) 9.5" x 18.5" rectangle of Pellon Fusible Fleece to wrong size of both exterior bag panels. I actually just fused my exterior bag panels to one 18.5" x 18.5" piece of Pellon Fusible Fleece as I will be trimming later.
  • Machine quilt cross hatch design [2.5" in width or desired size] with coordinating thread

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #msqcshowandtell #msqcpartner

  • Trim exterior panels to 9" x 18" panel per pattern instructions.

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #msqcshowandtell #msqcpartner

The pattern has the seams unfinished, but I love a finished seam and I LOVE this bag so I took the extra time to bind all the raw seams closed on the bag bottom. I'm so glad I did this. The seams were quite bulky as I bound the seams with double fold binding so my tip is to sew slowly. 

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #msqcshowandtell #msqcpartner

I also sewed the binding for the bag top on LAST (after bag sides were sewn together). Attaching the binding last allowed me to fully enclose the bag top without two bulky side seam being exposed.  Just use lots of Clover Binding Clips and you will love the finished edge!

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #msqcshowandtell #msqcpartner

My MSQC Clear Vinyl Tote Bag is my "go to" bag and I love it! I'm going to need to make a second one as my daughter has tried to take mine :) 





#msqcshowandtell #msqcpartner #msqcpattern #clearvinyltotebag

Don't forget to follow me at A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog and Instagram @ABitofScrapStuff for more sewing fun!

Melanie Call

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #msqcshowandtell #msqcpartner







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!