Sunday, March 28, 2021

Tidy Tool Caddy - Sewers Club

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #MaywoodFabrics #Sew #Quilt

Hello! Today I'm sharing a quick and cute project for your sewing / stitching! The Tidy Tool Caddy can be made in an afternoon or evening! I love a quick project that I can start using right away. The Tidy Tool Caddy holds all your essential sewing / stitching tools. You can use your Tidy Tool Caddy on your ironing board or arm of couch/chair or on your sewing table- it's so useful! Plus the Measure Twice fabric is sooooo cute - I love the sewing theme!

The Tidy Tool Caddy is the featured project of the Sewers Club - March Box.  Your box includes (4) equally cut fabrics so you can mix and match for your fabrics.

Keep on reading for sewing tips I learned from making my project.

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #MaywoodFabrics #Sew #Quilt

All of the supplies you need to make the Tidy Tool Caddy are included in the Sewers Club Box - including an awesome instructional video! I highly recommend watching the video before starting your project as it is full of helpful tips! I like to watch the video and sew along - it's easy to pause and rewind/rewatch a step if needed!


A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #MaywoodFabrics #Sew #Quilt

Box Contents:
  • (4) 12" x 44" Measure Twice Fabrics - designed by Maywood Studios
  • Pellon Fusible Fleece
  • Gutermann Sew-All Thread in Light Blue
  • Tidy Tool Caddy Pattern plus instructional video
  • Optional- Add on : Sewing Cone Thread Holder

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #MaywoodFabrics #Sew #Quilt

Sewing Tips:
  • As all (4) fabrics included in your monthly box are the same size - I chose to use the Mini Dots for the backing and binding accents. You can do this by cutting the Fabric C binding accent strips first THEN cutting the Fabric D backing to length. Your Tidy Tool Caddy might be a bit shorter by an inch .... but no worries. I then used the Tossed Notions fabric for the pockets as it was too cute for the backing ;).
  • PRESS, PRESS, PRESS as the final step BEFORE top-stitching around the final project - this will make your project look so much nicer.
I really loved making this quick and cute project! I'm so excited to start using my Tidy Tool Caddy for both sewing and when I cross stitch! Plus did you notice that there are pockets on both ends of the Tidy Tool Caddy - sooooo useful!

I can't wait to see the project for the April Sewers Club Box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!