Friday, August 25, 2017

Hello Beautiful Tote with Fort Worth Fabric Studio


I just love love love the Hello Beautiful Friday Bundle Batch from Fort Worth Fabric Studio! I used every last bit of my bundle to make the Posy Pocket tote and 3 matchings lace zipper pouches using Lindsey Weight's free patterns (which are sooooo easy to follow....don't let zippers scare you!) at Fort Worth Fabric Studio.

The bundle features the On Trend fabric collection by Riley Blake and I just love the prints plus they are metallic too!


  1. On Trend Notecards Raspberry - Riley Blake
  2. Wonderland Two Pink Cards - Riley Blake
  3. Garden Girl Damask Mint - Riley Blake
  4. On Trend Hexie Dot White - Riley Blake
  5. Kimberbell Pink Doodles - Maywood Studio
  6. On Trend Main Print White - Riley Blake
  7. Metro Living Gold Metallic Rings - Robert Kaufman
  8. Rustic Elegance White Mini Floral - Riley Blake

Ready to make your own Hello Beautiful Tote....It is even two sided so you can have different looks :)

Supplies for Tote



  1. Hello Beautiful Fat Quarter Bundle or choose half yard bundle size if you prefer the same fabric for front and back of tote.
  2. Moda Grunge Hits the Spot Vanilla - 1/2 yard for bag lining. 
  3. Posy Pocket Tote Pattern by Lindsey Weight- FREE at Fort Worth Fabric Studio 
  4. Pellon SF101 Interfacing - 3.5 yards
  5. Pellon Fusible Fleece - 0.5 yard
  6. (2) 9" zippers - I used handbag zippers as they have a bigger zipper pull
  7. Aurifil Thread
  8. Polka Dot Scissors- because they are too cute!




Fabrics that I used from the bundle to make my tote
  • Exterior Fabric Panel-  On Trend Notecards Raspberry and On Trend Main Print White
  • Inside Pocket - Rustic Elegance White Mini Floral
  • Lining Fabric - Moda Grunge Hits the Spot Vanilla 
  • Accent Fabric Strip - On Trend Hexie Dot White 
  • Accent Fabric for handles - Wonderland Two Pink Cards
  • Pocket Fabric (inside of pockets) - Kimberbell Pink Doodles

Changes I made to work with Fat Quarter Bundle

  • I used two different fat quarters for the exterior of the tote to make my tote two-sided
  • Cutting handles from (1) fat quarter:  Cut (4) 5"x 15.5" rectangles. Sew (2) together to make (1) 5" x 30" handle strip. Repeat to make a second handle

Since I had a little bit of fabric left over....I wanted to make some matching lace zipper pouches. I just love the lace zippers at Fort Worth Fabric Studio! The pouches fit perfectly into my new Hello Beautiful tote!!!



Supplies for making lace zipper pouches and boxy pouch
  1. Lace Zipper Pouch Tutorial by Lindsey Weight - free at Fort Worth Fabric Studio
  2. Box Pouch Tutorial by Lindsey Weight - free at Fort Worth Fabric Studio
  3. 9-12" zippers. Size will depend on final size. I did find it easier to use the 12" zipper and just trim it down. I used light pink.
  4. Exterior Fabric,  Interior Fabric, Fusible Fleece all cut to same size
  5. Super Cute Scissors
  6. Wooden Button -optional
  7. Ruler twill ribbon - optional
Zipper Pouch 1- Finished size 5.5" x 8.5"

I followed Lace Zipper Pouch by Lindsey Weight -here. My fabric size was a bit different from the tutorial as I used my left over fabric...just make sure the exterior fabric, lining fabric, and fusible fleece is all cut to the same size. I also added a cute wooden button to the flower for a fun little extra. Wooden buttons - here.




Zipper Pouch 2 - Finished size 7.5"x 8.5"

I followed Lace Zipper Pouch by Lindsey Weight -here. My fabric size was a bit different from the tutorial as I used my left over fabric...just make sure the exterior fabric, lining fabric, and fusible fleece is all cut to the same size.  I also added a bit of ruler ribbon for fun! I love it...even if I did sew it upside down ;).  This pouch is perfect for holding these super cute 8.5" scissors available here.


Zipper Pouch 3 -Box Version 

I followed Lace Zipper Pouch by Lindsey Weight -here. My fabric size was a bit different from the tutorial as I used my left over fabric...just make sure the exterior fabric, lining fabric, and fusible fleece is all cut to the same size. Then I boxed the corners just like in her Box Pouch Tutorial -here...I love all the inside room of the pouch!







I still can't believe I got a full size tote plus 3 zipper pouches all from 1 Hello Beautiful Fat Quarter Bundle and 1/2 yard of Moda Grunge Hits the Spot for the tote lining. If you prefer to not have a 2 sided tote or additional 1/2 yard for lining (or piecing it from fat quarters) or thicker handles like the pattern suggests....just grab the half-yard the bundle and you will be set!

Here is me with my new tote...just so you can see that it is a full size tote!


Thank you again to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for sending me the Hello Beautiful bundle plus Moda Grunge Fabric !!! Be sure to grab your Hello Beautiful Bundle here (fat quarter or half yard bundle sizes) before it sells out. 



Please tag your projects on social media with #sewingwithfwfabricstudio   @fwfabricstudio and me @mellierc so we can see them!

Have a great day!
Melanie


SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! Your Tote & Pouches are AWESOME!! Thank you for sharing the Tutorial too!! Definitely "NEEEED" to make me some! giggle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I think my daughter would like this...I'm thinking with her school fabric of Texas A&M would be cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!