Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Modern Plus Sign Quilt Book Hop


I'm super excited be part of the Modern Plus Sign Quilt Book Hop for Cheryl and Paige's new book! I seriously love each project and want to sew each one!  They are amazing! 



It was hard to decide which project to sew first, but I chose the Rick Rack Runner as I needed a green table runner for March! Plus I had the best bundle of green Sweetwater Fabrics to use!



Supplies: 

I did adapt the pattern a bit and only made one row for my table runner as I prefer a more narrow table runner for my table. This is a super quick pattern to sew! If you hurry... you can have one sewn before St.Patrick's Day ;). 




Here is the original Rick Rack Runner Pattern ( 22.5" x 86.5") from Modern Plus Sign Quilts Book.

Since I chose to keep my Rick Rack Runner monochromatic- I thought it would be fun to be bold and use green Aurifl thread for the quilting...I love it!



I also had a bunch of 5" squares so I pieced them to make the backing....it's reversible now!



I want to talk a bit more about the book: Modern Plus Sign Quilts by Cheryl Brickey and Paige Alexander.



Modern Plus Sign Quilts contains 16 AMAZING projects! It is rare I find a book that I want to sew every project...but I do with this book. I love how the projects all contain the plus sign, but are so different as well! Plus the skill levels included are: Beginner to Adventurous- so something for all! I wanted to share a few of my "must make" projects from the book ( images from C&T Publishing)

 Row Addition
 Intertwined
 Celestial
 Postage Plus
Plus Surround


See...they are AWESOME! 

Modern Plus Sign Quilts is Available at:

Be sure to stop at Cheryl's Blog: Meadow Mist Designs as she is hosting a GIVEAWAY each day of the hop...yay for fabulous quilting prizes!!!

Cheryl and Paige wrote an amazing book with fabulous projects "PLUS" the patterns are so well written and easy to follow!

MODERN PLUS SIGN BOOK HOP SCHEDULE
Monday, March 12th
Paige @ Quilted Blooms

Tuesday, March 13th
Kitty @ Night Quilter
Sophie @ Luna Lovequilts
Afton @ Quilting Mod

Wednesday, March 14th
Jayne @ Twiggy and Opal
Abigail @ Cut & Alter
Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl
Sandra @ mmm! quilts
Karen @ Run Sew Fun

Thursday, March 15th
Bernie @ Needle and Foot
Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty


Friday, March 16th
Izzy @ Dizzy Quilts
Christa @ Christa Quilts

Monday, March 19th
Jessica @ Quilty Habit

Tuesday, March 20th
Katherine @ Sew Me Something Good

Wednesday, March 21st
Anja @ Anja Quilts

Thursday, March 22nd
Joanne @ Quilts by Joanne

Friday, March 23rd
Paige @ Quilted Blooms




Thank you for having me part of the Modern Plus Sign Book Hop! 

Be sure to follow me on Instagram @mellierc and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more sewing fun!

Melanie

Fat Quarter Shop Quilting Fabrics and Supplies



SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

35 comments:

  1. I love the green quilting too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tablerunner! It’s beautiful doing it monochromatic, what a neat ideas. Tablerunners are a great way to decorate. Thanks for sharing.

    usairdoll (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, what a great idea for super fast table runner using just one row of plus signs. And, I love all the greens on the light background and how you quilted it using green thread. I'll have to give Moda Bella Porcelain a try. Thank you for your contribution to the book hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the narrow one row runner. The greens are just so beautiful and fresh in this runner. It's perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very nice! I’m convinced! This book belongs on my wishlist, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great runner and perfect color for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful runner!! I love the green prints and the green thread you used for the quilting. Thanks so much for being a part of the hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on tailoring the pattern to your needs and aesthetic. I see this finish as a spring runner and think you can enjoy it beyond March 30! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it in these fun fresh green fabrics! A perfect item to welcome in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those greens!! Great job! What size did yours come to?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! One row of plus signs was a brilliant idea for a smaller version! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful runner...and a two fer since you made the back as nice as the front. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so darling! This is one of my favorite shades of green. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely runner, the greens are so lovely together, then the table setting, is that "liriope" in the little tin containers?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This runner is so pretty, I always make wider runners, but love this one being narrow, will have to try this. Really love seeing all the different versions in this book hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, you had the perfect bundle of greens for this. I like narrow runners, too. Such a great, fast finish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your runner turned out so cute, just in time for St Patrick's Day! I love the pieced backing, also.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your runner is just beautiful and I love that it's reversible!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty runner, it looks so spring like, fresh and clean. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely result. Happy St. Patrick's - your table runner is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the monochromatic look with your version, that was a great idea. It's always nice to have a reversible runner, this is a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How gorgeous is this? I’m going to try to mimick your design hells Spring to me. ��

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the a monochromatic color scheme in your runner. It is perfect for March. I have enjoyed seeing the creativity in the projects on this hop. I too like narrow runners on my table.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving your pieces and so anxious for the book....a plus quilt adult!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a sweet runner you made, love the green thread you used to quilt it! Snap! on the pieced squares backing with Michelle! Great minds right?

    ReplyDelete
  26. The greens you chose for your tablerunner are so pretty - love the one row of plus signs! Thank you for sharing, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this table runner, especially in your green Sweetwater fabrics! You're not the only one to make a scrappy back for it, and I love the idea because you get two-for-one. This runner is so perfect for spring, but especially St. Patrick's Day. I'm having a special linkup for all things green on my blog, and I'd love for you to share this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for linking up! I really love this quilt and your photos are so gorgeous!

      Delete
  28. I'm so glad to see your version of the table runner. I like the skinny look and perfect colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful table runner! Love the greens.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a perfect runner for spring. It has made me think that I would quite like one!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the table runner in all greens! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  32. the green tone is lovely, and I love the reversible side of this too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!