Friday, September 30, 2016

Pocket Full of Posies Star Quilt


I LOVE this week's Friday Bundle Batch with Fort Worth Fabric Studio! It is Pocket Full of Posies and features Posy Garden, which I just love! The pink and navy is just perfect! I used almost the entire Fat Quarter bundle plus a yard of back ground fabric to create this 53" x 53" quilt! Keep on reading for the tutorial.



Pocket Full of Posies Quilt Tutorial

Supplies
Cutting (sorry pictures are dark...I sew at night while my kids are asleep)

Navy Fat Quarters (cut from each fat quarter):
(1) 12" Square - cut on diagonal to make 2 triangles
(2) 4.5" x 11.5" Rectangles
(2) 2.5 x 18" Binding 

*Hint for cutting for fat quarters. Cut (1) 12" x 21" rectangle. Then subcut the (1) 12" square. This will leave you with (1) 9" x 12" rectangle- subcut into (2) 4.5" x 11.5"rectangles. 

Pink Fat Quarters (cut from each fat quarter):
(1) 11.5" square

(2) 4.5" x 11.5" Rectangles
(2) 2.5 x 18" Binding 

Background -Moda Grunge inVanilla 
(4) 12" Squares- cut on diagonal to make 2 triangles from each square (total of 8)
(4) 11.5" Squares

Corner 4-patches
(16) 2.5" squares (I just cut these from my binding strips)

 



Sewing
1. Sew (1) Navy Triangle to (1) Vanilla Grunge to create a 11.5" half-square triangle. Make 8 total.

2. Sew (4) four-patch blocks 



3. Layout squares as shown below and sew together.


4. Prepare backing. I used 16 fat quarters from my stash. I trimmed them to 15.5" squares and sewed them together.



5. Quilt. I chose to stipple my quilt. I "might" be addicted to stippling....I just can't stop! :)

6. Bind. I just love a scrappy binding!

7. Enjoy your quilt!!! Mine is already getting lots of love! 

I'm quite sure this will be my "go to" quilt pattern as it is a fun and quick sew plus a great lap size!


Thank you for reading! I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial! Be sure to share your Pocket Full of Posies Star Quilt by tagging @fwfabricstudio and #sewingwithfwfabricstudio 

I can't wait to see your creations!!! Happy Fall Friday!!!

Melanie










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!