Thursday, September 9, 2021

Sewers Club - Fill & Go Expandable Basket with Bonus

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #Sew #Quilt #FigoFabrics

Hi Sewing Friends! Today I'm going to be chatting about the June Sewers August Box.  I was sooooo excited to see the Summers End Fabric Collection plus the fabulous Fill & Go Expandable Basket project! 

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #Sew #Quilt #FigoFabrics

All of the supplies you need to make the Fill & Go Expandable Basket are included in the Sewers Club Box - including an awesome instructional video! I highly recommend watching the video before starting your project as it is full of helpful tips! I like to watch the video and sew along - it's easy to pause and rewind/rewatch a step if needed!

Box Contents:
  • (3) 1/3 yard cuts of Figo Fabrics: Summers End Floral, Summers End Ditsy Leaves, and Elements Rust
  • Fusible Fleece
  • Gutermann Polyester Thread (color may vary)
  • Fill & Go Expandable Basket Pattern
  • Step by Step Video Tutorial
  • BONUS: Mini Makeup Bag Pattern 
  • BONUS: (1) Fat Quarter 
  • BONUS: Silver Handmade Tag





I really looooove this month's project and the fabrics are perfect. The colors remind me of fall plus I LOVE all shades of purple!

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #Sew #Quilt #FigoFabrics

The Fill & Go Expandable Basket is such a fabulous pattern! I loved sewing mine plus I love that you can untie the sides and make the basket even bigger. The basket holds sooooo much and is gorgeous! The finished size is approximately 5" x 13" x 6".  

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #Sew #Quilt #FigoFabricsA Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #Sew #Quilt #FigoFabrics
Sewing Tips:
  • The (3) included fabrics in your box can be interchanged so choose your favorite combination! I used the Summers End prints for bag exterior. My interior was supposed to be the Elements Rust fabric, but I made a cutting oops...so I had to find a fabric from my stash. Be sure to measure twice before cutting ;)
  • I added free motion quilting to bag exterior BEFORE I cut the pieces to size. 
  • With super careful cutting I was able to use my scraps for the exterior of the BONUS project: Mini Ruffle Make Up Bag
BONUS: Mini Ruffle Makeup Bag 6.25" x 6"

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #Sew #Quilt #FigoFabrics

I LOVE the ruffle so much!!! I think I need to add a ruffle to all of my projects now! This little bag will be perfect for holding my cross stitch scissors and floss! I'm going to have to make another version that is larger so it can be a project bag!

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #Sew #Quilt #FigoFabrics

Did you love sewing your Fill & Go Expandable Basket too?!?!? I totally love mine!!!! I love learning new sewing techniques each month!!!

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #Sew #Quilt #FigoFabrics


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!