Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Made with Love Pot Holders - Sewers Club

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #FreeSpiritFabrics #Potholder #HandmadePotholder

Hello! Today I'm sharing a quick and cute project for your home! I was able to make both Made with Love Pot Holders in one evening. I love a quick project that I can start using right away. Cooking is always more fun when you have cute pot holders! 

The Made with Love Potholders is the featured project of the Sewers Club - February Box. An alternate pattern (similar to economy block) is also shared if you prefer. I chose to make both of mine hearts as I love hearts and I feel hearts are perfect for year round as love is always needed. Your box includes (3) equally cut fabrics so you can mix and match for your favorite combinations.

Keep on reading for sewing tips I learned from making my project.

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #FreeSpiritFabrics #Potholder #HandmadePotholder

All of the supplies you need to make TWO Made with Love Pot Holders are included in the Sewers Club Box - including an awesome tutorial video plus TWO bonus videos for an alternative design and optional binding! I highly recommend watching the video(s) before starting your project as it is full of helpful tips! I like to watch the video and sew along - it's easy to pause and rewind/rewatch a step if needed!


Let's take a look at the Sewers Club - February Box

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #FreeSpiritFabrics #Potholder #HandmadePotholderA Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #FreeSpiritFabrics #Potholder #HandmadePotholder

Box Contents:
  • Made with Love Pot Holders printed pattern and link to full instructional video (plus bonus videos of an alternate design plus binding)
  • Adelaide Grove Fabrics by Free Spirit Fabrics
  • Pellon Tender Touch 100% cotton batting
  • Pellon Insul-Fleece
  • Bobbin Buddies
  • Gutermann Thread
Add-on: Gypsy Quilter Iron Rest and Heat Resistant Thimbles


A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #FreeSpiritFabrics #Potholder #HandmadePotholder

Sewing Tips:
1. Use your walking foot. You will be quilting through multiple layers so your walking foot will help to feed the layers evenly. Since I chose to add binding to my pot holders - I was quilting through (2) layers of quilting cotton, (1) layer of batting, and (1) layer of Insul-fleece.
2. Lengthen your stitch length. My machine is set for quilting stitch length of 1.8 and everyday sewing to 2.4. So for the quilting lines I used a 3.0 stitch length.
3. I used a ruler and a Hera Marker to mark the straight lines on my potholders. My lines are 2.5" apart. I kept the lines further apart because of the multiple layers and because it is a pot holder. 


I really loved making this quick and cute project! I'm so excited to start using my Made with Love Pot Holders! I can't wait to see the project for the March Sewers Club Box!

A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog #ABitofScrapStuff #SewersClub #FreeSpiritFabrics #Potholder #HandmadePotholder



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!