Thursday, August 16, 2018

Star Break Quilt with Fort Worth Fabric Studio


I'm excited to share my latest quilt pattern design- Star Break! I love sewing patterns that allow the fabrics to stand out- no tiny pieces in this quilt. Badda Bing by Me and My Sisters Design is too cute to cut up small!  Plus these stars are no-point stars...yes...no need to match up the points or loose them! 

The best part is that Star Break is a free pattern at Fort Worth Fabric Studio AND Kits are available here at Fort Worth Fabric Studio! Seriously - these fabrics are even more fabulous in person! 




Finished size: 54.5" X 63.5"
Included in the kit:
  • Badda Bing Layer Cake 
  • Moda's Bella White for the star block background
  • Binding fabric Moda's Badda Bing Mini Petals in Red (Moda 22344-11)
  • Star Break Quilt Pattern by Melanie Call (me)
You will need to purchase backing separately:  3.5 yards (44" wide) or 1.875 yards (108" wide).

Since I LOVE every single fabric in the Badda Bing Fabric Collection...Star Break Quilt Pattern uses every single 10" Layer Cake Square. No left over layer cake squares to collect dust in the scrap bin...yay!


You can easily sew this quilt together while the kiddos are in school or over a weekend! It is a relaxing quilt kit that allows you to just enjoy sewing and creating a quilt...my favorite kind! In fact- I even designed the stars to be "no matching points". This gives perfect stars every time - hooray!

This is the binding fabric included in the kit too...love!

The Star Break Badda Bing Quilt Kit does not contain backing fabric...so I recommend this one-   Badda Bing Everything Cherry in Red!

I decided to free motion quilt swirls and flowers on my quilt...which took forever and sooooo much thread! I can't wait to wash it and enjoy all the crinkle-loveliness! 


Be sure to purchase your Star Break Quilt Kit with Badda Bing at Fort Worth Fabric Studio - HERE.  The free Star Break Quilt pattern- HERE. Sewing this quilt was so relaxing and just made me happy! I love fabric that just makes me feel happy...cherries- flowers- and gingham!

I would love to see your Star Break Quilts! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @mellierc and use the hashtags #StarBreakQuilt and #SewingwithFWfabricstudio 

PS - this is a great quilt pattern to make for Christmas Quilts! Check out these awesome Layer Cakes at Fort Worth Fabric Studio.
North Pole Layer Cake - Available here

Christmas Delivery 10" Stacker - Available here


 Mulberry Lane 10" Squares - Available here

Be sure to follow me on Instagram @mellierc and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more sewing fun!

Have a great day!!! 
Melanie









1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt pattern for this lovely fabric line! Love the no-point star blocks - definitely for me :)! Thank you for sharing this free pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!