Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Bella Skill Builder Quilt Along with Fat Quarter Shop



I'm so excited to be sewing along with Fat Quarter Shop for the Bella Skill Builder Quilt Along!
I love the idea of learning a new skill each month!

On the first day of each month (February to November), Fat Quarter Shop will release a FREE new pattern that will help expand your sewing skills!

I will be using the following bundle of Bella Solids for my quilt. My bundle contains the V & Co Designer Solids (except I used American Blue instead of Navy).


Moda Bella Solids available at Fat Quarter Shop
Fabrics I chose:

American Blue 9900-174
Berrylicious 9900-214
Boysenberry 9900-217
Cameo 9900-298
Caribbean 9900-86
Melon 9900-295
Mint 9900-133
Rose 9900-62
Ruby Ice 9900-169
Spray 9900-263
Terrain Cactus 9900-175

If you want to make the original quilt, 

Fat Quarter Shop has the kit available here. 


























Gather Supplies:























Tips on making your Kaleidoscope block if you are using the provided template:

1. Make sure you have printed the template at 100%. 
You can check it printed correctly by using your ruler. 
1st line at 3.5" and 2nd line at 6.5"
























2. Place a ruler over the plastic template to make it easier to cut out the triangles. 
This prevents cutting the plastic template and fingers!
























Sew Kaleidoscope blocks together:



























Check out the Fat Quarter Shop Jolly Jabber here for 
Blog Post, Pattern, and Video!

I love these pink Kaleidoscope blocks for February! I can't wait to find out which block will be available on March 1st! I hope you decide to join the Bella Skill Builder Quilt Along with the Fat Quarter Shop!

Happy February 1st!

Melanie

4 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!