Friday, January 20, 2017

Love at "Furrst" Sight Bundle and Pillow with Fort Worth Fabric Studio


This week's Friday Bundle Batch at Fort Worth Fabric Studio is PURRFECT! The Love at Furrst Sight bundle features the Cool Cats collection printed on Organic Cotton!!! I just love how the Cool Cats fabrics (pink or cream) are printed with adorable kitties that are perfect for fussy cutting! Plus pink cat paw prints...yes! Pink and Gray is one of my favorite color combinations! 


Check out the PURRFECT bundle below and grab one here!



I knew I needed a project that the Cool Cats fabric in pink could be front and center...so I made a 16"x16" pillow with my fat quarter bundle! I made one pink pillow, but I'm quite sure you have enough to make another pillow using the Cool Cats fabric in cream with the matching text print and platinum gray fabrics. 


Once again, I used a pattern from the new Sherri Falls book, Sew This and That- available at Fort Worth Fabric Studio too. I really love all the patterns in this book...plus they are so fun to sew!!! Keep on reading and I will share a few tips in making your Love at Furrst Sight pillow!

Supplies:
3. Scrap batting - if quilting pillow front
4. Zipper - optional for zippered pillow back
6. Pillow insert 16"

Let's get sewing now!
Grab your book and turn to page 16. Pattern- Bird Watching Pillow.

Cutting
1. Follow cutting directions as provided in book EXCEPT for center fabric cut fabric to 8.5" x 8.5" as we are not embroidering the pillow, but using the cute Cool Cats fabric for the center.


Sewing
1. Follow directions provided in pattern


Finishing up Pillow
1. Quilt pillow front if desired
2. Create pillow backing with preferred method.  For my backing I chose 2 of my favorite prints and used a zipper enclosure as I like to wash my pillow covers since my 3 kiddos are a bit messy at times.


Time to Enjoy your new Cool Cats Pillow!


Thank you again to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for having me create a project with this fabulous Love at Furrst Sight Bundle!!! Be sure to grab your bundle here -grab it soon as they have been selling out! Tag your projects on social media with #sewingwithfwfabricstudio and @fwfabricstudio and me @mellierc

Have a PURRFECT day !

Melanie


1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!