Saturday, April 23, 2016

Fat Quarter Shop Sew Sampler Box - April

I'm super excited to share the new Sew Sampler box from Fat Quarter Shop. When I saw FQS was starting a monthly subscription of quilting supplies...I knew I needed to try it! I'm that girl that reads the last chapter of a book first because I can't wait to know how it ends. So it was a challenge for me to wait patiently for my first Sew Sampler box! When I saw this adorable aqua box in my mail box...I might have a squealed a bit!


I didn't even wait to go inside my house to open my box. I did it right outside! I'm sure my husband thought I was a bit nutty when he saw me taking pictures of my happy mail. I love how the box was packaged...just like a present!


First look at all the fabulous quilting goodies.



I really liked how FQS included a card that described each item included in the April Sew Sampler box. I then took my box inside to look more closely at each included item.


Here is a fun grid showing EVERYTHING that was included in the April box! Isn't it awesome! It's perfect for spring or summer quilting!

From (Left to Right)
1. On the back of the informational card is a crossword puzzle. See it is educational too :) Plus a cute Welcome to the Neighborhood card (with an exclusive coupon on your next FQS purchase...I think I need to order a Garland FQ bundle),  Block #1 Recipe card (8", 12", and 16" sizes), plus a cute sticker and magnet.
2. Grow Charm Pack from Me and My Sister Designs. The colors and patterns remind me of summer. In fact, I opened mine up and starting sewing the same day it arrived. 
3. FQS Creative Grid ruler. This is fabulous! I LOVE the grips on the back side of the ruler....no slipping!
4. Screw B Do magnetic screw drivers. These are fantastic! The perfect size when needing to remove your stitch plate or putting on your walking foot or anything else. I just need to hide them from my husband and sons. Plus they are made in the USA!
5. Strawberry Picking Pattern. This is just adorable. I even used my charm pack to sew one block to make a mini quilt!
6. Cotton Candy Embroidery Scissors. These are so sharp! Perfect for snipping when chain piecing! Plus the cover is a great safety feature too.




I adapted the Strawberry Picking pattern slightly so I could use my charm pack. I wanted to include lots of the pink fabrics so I made the squares very tiny...maybe too tiny :). I then used the purple squares to make binding and pieced 9 charm squares to make the backing. My 2 year old is claiming this mini quilt for her Strawberry Shortcake doll, which is perfect!

The April Sew Sampler box has already sold out...so be sure to sign up for the May box! I'm sure it will be amazing!

I shared even more pictures on Instagram @mellierc

Thank you Fat Quarter Shop for sending me the April Sew Sampler box....I LOVE it!

Have a great day!

Melanie 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!