Friday, June 23, 2017

Snail Trail Quilt with Fat Quarter Shop


Happy Friday! I'm excited to share my Snail Trail project! I love the "Classic and Vintage Series" that Fat Quarter Shop is sharing with us today. The pattern includes 4 different sizes for your quilt - crib, lap, twin, and queen! I love a pattern that gives so many options! I chose to make the crib size without the borders and it makes a perfect table topper or extra large pillow at 24 x 24". 


This is such a fun pattern to sew! I love the design it creates! My kids call it a ninja star fidget spinner :) I think it is going to be a fave in our family room!

For quilting I did straight-line quilting 5/8" lines apart from each other with Aurifil Dove 50wt.



Fabric I used:

Sewing Tips
1. Trim - Trim - Trim! Trimming after each round will ensure your seams match up and block finishes at the correct size.

 


2. I did use Creative Grids Stripology Squared Ruler and it was perfect for this project!


3. When sewing your blocks make sure are able to see where the seams match - this will ensure a perfect point/match.



Fat Quarter Shop is offering a Snail Trail Quilt kit featuring Snowman Gathering III. 


Be sure to check out Fat Quarter Shop's Blog: Jolly Jabber and You-Tube Channel for the pattern and video!

Thank you to Fat Quarter Shop for having me be part of the Snail Trail Sew Along!!!



If you want more to see more sewing fun - be sure to follow me on Instagram @mellierc

Have a great day!
Melanie

SaveSaveSaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choices! Fidgets are all the rage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your fabric! Great little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great in prints, hardly ever seen with snail's trail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!