Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Bella Skill Builder Quilt Along with Fat Quarter Shop



I'm so excited to be sewing along with Fat Quarter Shop for the Bella Skill Builder Quilt Along!
I love the idea of learning a new skill each month!

On the first day of each month (February to November), Fat Quarter Shop will release a FREE new pattern that will help expand your sewing skills!

I will be using the following bundle of Bella Solids for my quilt. My bundle contains the V & Co Designer Solids (except I used American Blue instead of Navy).


Moda Bella Solids available at Fat Quarter Shop
Fabrics I chose:

American Blue 9900-174
Berrylicious 9900-214
Boysenberry 9900-217
Cameo 9900-298
Caribbean 9900-86
Melon 9900-295
Mint 9900-133
Rose 9900-62
Ruby Ice 9900-169
Spray 9900-263
Terrain Cactus 9900-175

If you want to make the original quilt, 

Fat Quarter Shop has the kit available here. 


























Gather Supplies:























Tips on making your Kaleidoscope block if you are using the provided template:

1. Make sure you have printed the template at 100%. 
You can check it printed correctly by using your ruler. 
1st line at 3.5" and 2nd line at 6.5"
























2. Place a ruler over the plastic template to make it easier to cut out the triangles. 
This prevents cutting the plastic template and fingers!
























Sew Kaleidoscope blocks together:



























Check out the Fat Quarter Shop Jolly Jabber here for 
Blog Post, Pattern, and Video!

I love these pink Kaleidoscope blocks for February! I can't wait to find out which block will be available on March 1st! I hope you decide to join the Bella Skill Builder Quilt Along with the Fat Quarter Shop!

Happy February 1st!

Melanie

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks and what a neat collection of solids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt will look awesome. Loving your blocks and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt will be fabulous.Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!