I'm so excited to share this 16" pillow I made using the Basket of Sunshine Fat Quarter bundle from Fort Worth Fabric Studio and Sew This and That book. I just loved sewing this project! This cheery Friday Batch fat quarter bundle is just perfect for this project. The yellow fabrics are great to sew with during this dreary winter weather....it will make you smile and feel happy!
I just love the bright yellow fabrics and the coordinating browns are the perfect neutral! I did add some Olive's Flower Market Parisian Dots Taupe by Moda as my background...which I love...I need a bolt of this :).
Jodie at Fort Worth Fabric just got this book and I LOVE every single pattern!!! I used the pattern for the cover table runner to make this pillow. I love how you can use a pattern for multiple projects! Keep reading and I will share how!
1. Sew This and That Book by Sherri Falls - I will be using this book for another Friday Bundle Batch later this month too.
3. Olive's Flower Market Parisian Dots Taupe by Moda - 0.25 yard (I would order extra as it is so fabulous and you will want to make a matching pillow... a pair of pillows is always a must ;) )
5. Scrap of batting (for quilting pillow top)
6. Zipper -optional for pillow backing
1. Pattern: Spring Garden Table Runner on page 24
Since we are making just a pillow (one block instead of three)- adjust the cutting quantities. I also extended my outer squares to 4" and rectangles 2" x 4" so my pillow would be 16.5" unfinished (16" finished)
2. Sew block together with border (see below)
3. Layer pillow top, batting, backing (optional as it will be hidden inside pillow) and quilt (I stippled my pillow as I love to stipple!)
4. Make pillow backing with preferred method
You are done....unless you want to make a matching pillow!
I gifted this pillow to my Mother-in-law for Christmas as she loves yellow and it matches her living room perfectly! Here she is....I think she likes it!
Thank you again to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for having me create a project with this fabulous Basket of Sunshine bundle!!! Be sure to grab your bundle here. Tag your projects on social media with #sewingwithfwfabricstudio and @fwfabricstudio and me @mellierc
Have a great day !