Monday, July 9, 2018

Maxie Mail Subscription Box - June. Hold It Bins


I love sewing useful projects for my home...so I was sew happy when I opened my June Maxie Mail Box! This month we are learning to sew two large Hold It Bins! The Hold It Bins are perfect for holding fabric, notions, or household items too! 


Maxie has included EVERYTHING you need in this month's Maxie Mail box to sew your Hold It Bins....including the gorgeous faux leather for your handles! 


  • “Hold It Bin” Pattern- includes multiple sizes (80 pages total)
  • Art Gallery 100% Pima Cotton Fabrics to make a set of two co-ordinating Hold It Bins! Fabrics vary in each box, but are from either Bari J, Katarina Roccella, or Sharon Holland collections. My fabric is Sketchbook by Sharon Holland
  • Pellon Decor Bond stiff interfacing
  • 100% recycled felt interlining
  • Thread
  • Wonderclips (must-haves for this project!)
  • Faux leather for handles
Helpful hints/tips for sewing your Hold It Bins


2. Use the leather needle (from the May Cool Tool Box) when topstitching your faux leather handles.
3. Use the wonder clips included in your box (Maxie thought of everything) to hold your bin together when stitching the sides and topstitching the bin top.
4. Lengthen your stitch length with topstitching the bin and handle
5. I used my dual feed food (walking foot) when assembling my bins as it was perfect for the thick layers.



I will be using my bins in my sewing room as they make me happy....plus they look so perfect with fabric, thread, and scissors inside.


Melanie's unboxing video


I am loving my Maxie Mail Subscription Box each month! It is so fun to sew a new project each month plus I always learn a new sewing tip/technique. It is truly a class in a box! Subscribe here. Be sure to add -- Melanie -- as the referral code to save 10% off your first box! I can't wait for the July Box!



Have a great day and happy sewing! 

Be sure to follow me on Instagram @mellierc and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more sewing fun!

Melanie

Previous Maxie Mail Subscription Blog Posts
May 2018 - Cool Tools
April 2018 - Peppermint Rose Pillowcases
March 2018 - Strippy Aunt Josie Mini Quilt/Pillow





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!