Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Reverse Applique Spider Pillows with AccuQuilt


Hi AccuQuilt friends! I'm so excited to share a tutorial today on the AccuQuilt Blog with the new AccuQuilt GO! Halloween Medley die

The spider die included in the Halloween Medley die is perfect for my reverse appliqué Halloween pillows- just the right amount of spooky! 

Plus this easy tutorial will work for any AccuQuilt GO! die shape too!

The 6" x 12" GO! Halloween Medley die contains: Spider, Ghost, and Hat

Of course the GO! Halloween Medley die is awesome, AccuQuilt-quality so your spider legs (plus ghost and hat) will cut perfectly! The die has two-toned foam so it's super easy to know where to place your fabric for accurate cuts! Let's gather up our supplies and start cutting!



Supplies:


Tutorial for (2) Spooky Spider Pillows 16" x 16"


The FULL TUTORIAL is available at the AccuQuilt blog - here! 

I will walk you step by step so you can make BOTH Spider Pillows! One is with reverse appliqué and the other one uses the bonus spiders for a traditional appliqué - yay for no wasted fabric!

Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Here's a little sneak of the zippered backing of my pillows. 




I prefer to use a zipper-style as I feel it gives a polished look and it makes it easy to remove the pillow cover for washing- remember I have 3 kiddos who don't understand "decoration only" pillows ;). 

If you looks closely at the Riley Blake Designs: Costume Makers Ball Webs Cream fabric - you can see needles of thread in the webs! I just love this fabric!

I purchase my zippers at Amazon and trim to size needed to save money - yay!



For a fun detail - I hand embroidered a web string with white/blanc DMC floss so it would like the spiders were hanging down from the pillow top! Extra spooky!



Don't forget to read the FULL TUTORIAL for your Spooky Spider Pillows on the AccuQuilt Blog (here) so you can make these quick and fun pillows for Halloween! I love making holiday pillows for my family room! Plus the tutorial will work for any AccuQuilt GO! die too!


Have a great day and happy quilting! 


Be sure to follow me on Instagram @ABitofScrapStuff  and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more fabric fun!

Melanie
Accuquilt Dynamic Promo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!