Saturday, July 27, 2019

Woven Stripes Mini Quilt - Maxie Mail Sewing Subscription Box



Hello Sewing Friends! I'm excited to share my Woven Stripes Mini Quilt from my June Maxie Mail Subscription Box. Woven Stripes is a fun pattern that uses striped fabrics to create a mesmerizing design! 

Don't worry - even though this quilt looks complicated - it's NOT plus Maxie shows you tips and tricks! Hint - use your your Fussy Cut and Square-up Ruler set and your Strip Stick from your Cool Tools Box from May!



Let's chat more about the June Maxie Mail Box-



What's included:
  • Legendary Art Gallery Fabrics by Pat Bravo - Fabric for Quilt top, backing, AND binding!
  • Gutterman thread
  • Make it Simpler® Fusible Interfacing
  • Olfa Rotary Cutting Blade
  • Pattern plus Video
  • Tea
Let's start making our Woven Strips Quilt!


First - admire the gorgeous fabrics! I just love the feel and quality of Art Gallery Fabrics! Plus the top floral is my favorite!!! Wouldn't it make a gorgeous whole cloth quilt or dress or shirt for myself?!?!

Before I start cutting or sewing my Maxie Mail project, I ALWAYS read through the included pattern and watch Maxie's videos. Her videos are so helpful and explain every step! I love being able to learn new sewing techniques every month.

Tips:


  • Use your your Fussy Cut and Square-up Ruler set to trim your blocks. The  lines on the ruler - make it super easy! The Fussy Cut and Square-up Ruler set is absolutely amazing!!!
  • If you haven't changed your rotary blade in a bit - do it! A sharp rotary blade makes it so much easier to cut your fabric and trim up your blocks! Plus Maxie included a new blade in your box - hooray!
  • Use up your batting scraps by fusing them together with the Make it Simpler Fusible Interfacing. You can machine quilt over the interfacing just fine - no gumming up of your needle!
  • I chose to add a zipper to my Woven Stripes Quilt so it could be a pillow too! I love a versatile project!



Don't worry - you can still order the June Box and sew yourself a Woven Stripes Mini Quilt. You will LOVE it! 

Unboxing Video:









I enjoy receiving my Maxie Mail Subscription Sewing Box each month! I love how Maxie always teaches us a new technique and includes the supplies to make the project! It is truly a "class in a box". The Maxie Mail Subscription Sewing Box is great for anyone who loves sewing and quilting! I love how I can take a class right in my home! Plus the projects are always useful and beautiful!

Previous Maxie Mail Subscription Blog Posts 

May 2018 - Cool Tools
April 2018 - Peppermint Rose Pillowcases
March 2018 - Strippy Aunt Josie Mini Quilt/Pillow

Have a great day and happy sewing! 

Be sure to follow me on Instagram @ABitofScrapStuff  and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more sewing fun!

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!