Sunday, May 19, 2019

Drunkard's Wheel - Maxie Mail Sewing Subscription Box


Hello. I 'm excited to share my Drunkard's Wheel Mini Quilt from my April Maxie Mail Subscription Box. I absolutely LOVE this project! The gorgeous Art Gallery Pure Solids mixed with the Love text print is amazing. The combination is just stunning!

It is has been awhile since I've sewn curves so I watched Maxie's Member Video and loved how she teaches "No Pins Curved Piecing" ... yay!!! So don't worry if this is your very first curved piecing project just watch Maxie's instructional video with this month's subscription and you can totally do it!


Let's chat more about the April Maxie Mail Box-


What's included:
  • Everything you need to complete your top, plus the binding fabric! Fabrics for making HSTs are precut for you! All fabrics are Art Gallery Fabrics 100% Pima Cotton!
  • Maxie’s new Drunkard’s Path Acrylic Cutting Template Set.
  • Famorè Serger Tweezers
  • Almost Heaven Woodcraft’s “Stitcher’s Friend 9 in 1 Tool”.
  • Gutermann Cotton Thread, light grey.
  • Drunkard’s Wheel Pattern.
  • Instructional video by Maxie
Let's start sewing our Drunkard's Wheel Mini Quilt


Start off by watching BOTH of Maxie's videos. The first video explains the Maxie Mail Sewing Box contents and the second video is a full "how to" sewing tutorial for your project! Her videos are so helpful and full of tips so your project will be successful! Don't be scared of curved piecing! Plus she explains how to keep your text fabric the correct direction!

Tips: 
  • I did NOT use pins when assembling sewing the curved units BUT I did use my Little House pins when piecing my blocks together so the points would match. 
  • Ironing your center seams open will make the block center lay flat (less bulk)
Quilting:
I chose wonky circles for the circles and lots and lots and lots of pebbles for the background. I LOVE the texture it gives!


Don't worry - you can still order the April Box and sew yourself a Drunkard's Wheel Mini Quilt. You will LOVE it! 

Unboxing Video:


Don't worry - you can still order the April Box and sew yourself a Drunkard's Wheel Mini Quilt. You will LOVE it! 



I enjoy receiving my Maxie Mail Subscription Sewing Box each month! I love how Maxie always teaches us a new technique and includes the supplies to make the project! It is truly a "class in a box". The Maxie Mail Subscription Sewing Box is great for anyone who loves sewing and quilting! I love how I can take a class right in my home! Plus the projects are always useful and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!