Thursday, April 11, 2019

Twiggy Tumblers - Maxie Mail Subscription Sewing Box


Happy Friday! Today is the perfect day to share my Twiggy Tumblers Pillow from my March Maxie Mail Subscription Sewing Box! I can't believe this was my first time sewing tumblers?!?!? I LOVE it! I'm so glad Maxie included the acrylic Twiggy Tumbler in our box as I will definitely be making more tumbler projects!

Guess What - with very careful cutting, I was able to make TWO Twiggy Tumblers Pillows! After I sewed one project, I knew a pair was a must. I'll share in a bit - how I made the bonus Twiggy Tumblers Pillow from my scraps!



Let's chat more about the March Maxie Mail Box-


What's included:
  • Art Gallery Fabrics for (1) pillow top and pillow back 
  • Muslin for pillow backing -the muslin will not be seen unless you are peeking inside the pillow cover, but makes the finished pillow so nice!
  • Warm & Plush Batting
  • Twiggy Tumbler Acrylic Template
  • True Grips Non-Slip Adhesive Rings - USE them on your Twiggy Tumbler Template and ANY ruler that doesn't have a grippy back - I love them!
  • Gutermann Cotton Thread
  • Pattern and Video Tutorial
  • Tea
Let's start sewing our Twiggy Tumblers Pillow -


Start off by watching BOTH of Maxie's videos. The first video explains the Maxie Mail Sewing Box contents and the second video is a full "how to" sewing tutorial for your project! Her videos are so helpful and full of tips so your project will be successful! 

Maxie gives you 4 layout ideas for your Twiggy Tumblers Pillow- Lava Lamps, Forest Tumblers, Stacked Tumblers, and Tumbler Vases.

Image from MaxieMakes.com

 I chose to make my Twiggy Tumblers completely random - which I love! Plus by making mine random AND with careful cutting AND a zippered pillow back, I had just enough fabric scraps to make an extra Twiggy Tumblers Pillow top to match!


Here's a peek of the zippered backing with a bright yellow zipper! I love that pop of color! I buy my YKK Zippers at Amazon and Hobbs 18" Pillow Inserts.


For the quilting, I chose free motion stippling. This is one of my favorite ways to quilt projects as it's so relaxing. BUT if you are a free motion quilting ruler pro - be sure to check out Maxie's quilting on her Twiggy Tumblers Lava Lamps as it's awesome! I must practice with my rulers!


Don't worry - you can still order the March Box and sew yourself a Twiggy Tumblers Pillow (or mini quilt). You will LOVE it! 

Unboxing video- 



I enjoy receiving my Maxie Mail Subscription Sewing Box each month! I love how Maxie always teaches us a new technique and includes the supplies to make the project! It is truly a "class in a box". The Maxie Mail Subscription Sewing Box is great for anyone who loves sewing and quilting! I love how I can take a class right in my home! Plus the projects are always useful and beautiful!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!