Friday, March 15, 2019

Honeypot Celebration Table Runner - Maxie Mail Box February


I love the February Maxie Mail Box!!!! This one was one of my most favorite boxes!!! I just love the gorgeous Art Gallery Reverie Fusion fabric plus Maxie already pre-cut the fabric hexagons! Don't worry she included an acrylic template so you can more hexagons for future projects! My Honeypot Celebration Table Runner makes my dining room look like it's spring time! I smile each time I see it on my table -- happiness!



Be sure to watch Maxie's Member's video for helpful hints and full tutorial on sewing your Honeypot Celebration Table Runner! I've sewn y-seams before and wasn't too pleased with the results - BUT I followed Maxie's instructional videos and now my Y-seams are flat and perfect! 
I always watch Maxie's Member video first before I start sewing. Then I re-watch the video again while I am sewing the project and pause it until I've reached the next step. I find Maxie's videos soooooo helpful!

Let's chat more about the February Maxie Mail Box-


What's included:
  • 36 pre-cut Hexagons in Art Gallery Fabrics’ Reverie Fusion line
  • Border fabric
  • Binding fabric
  • Maxie’s Honeypot Hexagon Acrylic Template
  • Gutermann 100% cotton Thread
  • Pattern
I think we need another look at the gorgeous fabric!
Let's start sewing!

First - watch Maxie's video unless you are already a Y-seam wizard ;).
Just take your time sewing the hexagons together. After the first row, I got into my Y-seam groove and it got a lot easier and my seams looked better and better! 
I also used the Best Press Spray Starch Alternative from a previous Maxie Mail box and my seams got even flatter - yay! Just spray the Best Press directly onto the sewn hexagons and press with your hot iron. Your hexagons will be so flat and lovely!
When it was time for quilting - I decided to use Aurifil Thread - White 2024 for the straight-line quilting. My quilting lines are spaced 1/4" - 1/2" apart and I LOVE the texture it gives the table runner! I also machine stitch my binding on - it's like top-stitching (my favorite)! Plus check out the fun heart border print - it's perfect!
I loved sewing my Honeypot Celebration Table Runner - I hope you don't shy away from the Y-seams. Just follow Maxie's video and it will be great! It's such a gorgeous home decor project!
Don't worry - you can still order the February Box and sew yourself a Honeypot Celebration Table Runner. You will LOVE it! It is so perfect for Spring or Easter or Birthdays or Everyday Happiness!



I enjoy receiving my Maxie Mail Subscription Box each month! I love how she always teaches us a new technique and includes the supplies to make the project! It is truly a "class in a box". They are great for anyone who loves sewing and quilting! I love how I can take a class right in my home! Plus the projects are always useful and beautiful!


1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!