Sunday, August 12, 2018

Orange Blossom Table Runner - Maxie Mail Subscription Box


 Who LOVES sewing curves???? I'm going to guess that very few hands are up...which is why I LOVED this month's Maxie Mail Subscription Box! Maxie included the Orange Blossom Pattern and video which shows a fabulous technique that makes curves super easy with NO pins or special sewing feet! I am loving how each month Maxie teaches a new sewing technique! 

What did Maxie include in the July Maxie Mail Subscription Box...

  • Orange Blossom Pattern (multiple sizes including the table runner I made!)
  • Art Gallery Pure Elements (16) 10x10" squares. This is enough fabric to make the table runner or mini quilt or table topper!
  • Art Gallery Arboretum Inspirit by Bonnie Christine (for the binding- I was able to cut (4) 2.5" x WOF that was included in box) - she has extra on her website if want to purchase for project backing.
  • 4 full sets of die-cut templates (these are awesome!)
  • Thread
  • Glue stick
  • Scissors
  • Tea
  • Plus an AWESOME "how to" video. I highly recommend watching the video completely before starting your project. Maxie shows you each step and makes it easy to understand!
After I was watched Maxie's video- I was so excited to try this new technique. I made a few blocks and then couldn't stop! I love the sharp petal points...plus they were sooooo easy to sew! The first few blocks took a bit of time, but then once I "got it". I chain pieced four blocks at a time...super quick!


I wanted a new table runner so I arranged my 16 blocks as shown below.


I just love how it looks on my dining table....it makes me so happy! Plus my family loves it too (even the hubby)!



I decided to straight line quilt my table runner....I love the clean and modern look it gives! Each line is about 1/2" apart. Plus the binding fabric Maxie chose is perfect!



My unboxing video

I enjoy receiving my Maxie Mail Subscription Box each month! I love how she always teaches us a new technique and includes the supplies to make the project! It is truly a "class in a box". They are great for anyone who loves sewing and quilting! I love how I can take a class right in my home!

Subscribe here. Be sure to add -- Melanie -- as the referral code to save 10% off your first box


Previous Maxie Mail Subscription Blog Posts 
May 2018 - Cool Tools
April 2018 - Peppermint Rose Pillowcases
March 2018 - Strippy Aunt Josie Mini Quilt/Pillow

Have a great day and happy sewing! 

Be sure to follow me on Instagram @mellierc and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more sewing fun!

Melanie


2 comments:

  1. This looks like such a happy table runner, i love the bright colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your table runner and simply must tell how much I love it! It's so so so pretty! The colours are phantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!