Sunday, June 10, 2018

Maxie Mail Subscription Box- May Cool Tools


Maxie did something fun with the May Maxie Mail Box....it is full of Cool Tools that you will use over and over when sewing/quilting!!! She did a wonderful job carefully selecting tools that you WILL actually use! 

When I open my Maxie Mail box, I look for the video password first and watch the Member video- here. I love to watch her video first as she clearly explains the monthly box/project. Plus I always learn something new! This month she gave a hint that the included Leather Needle (above) will be helpful for next month's project...yay! Did you know...I have never sewn with faux leather??? I'm so excited for next month's box!

I decided to try the Thread Magic and Hiroshima needles first. English Paper Piecing is all the sewing rage...but I HATE thread tangles with hand sewing so I haven't really tried it yet. Well....Thread Magic to the rescue! It works sooooo well! Be sure to read the package directions to push the thread fully into the thread conditioner- place lid back- then pull thread through. This makes sure the thread is well conditioned so NO tangles! Here's a peek of my first English Paper Piecing project using my new Cool Tools.



I'm excited to try the twin needles to sew pin tucks. I love the texture that pin tucks give! I'm thinking a pillow with pin tucks would be a fun project! The twin needle is also awesome for matching stitched lines that are equal distances apart...think of hemming clothing or decorative stitching. 

Maxie Mail Subscription Box- May - Cool Tools  (from Maxie Makes website)
  • KlassĂ© Needle Assortment with 10 packages of premium sewing machine needles. Visit their website for lots of downloadable helpful tips and charts for proper needle sizes to threads, etc.
  • Water Erasable Marker by Clover, my favorite marker of all because of its ease and safety of removal from fabrics. (Always remove before pressing with heat.)
  • Aqua Eraser Pen by Sew Line was introduced to me by my longarmer friend and cohort, Andrea Walker of Walker Quilt Company. We've both seen sad stories regarding marked quilt tops. Your Clover marker & Aqua Eraser Pen get our votes for safest and most reliable! Good news: it's refillable with water!
  • Tulip Hiroshima Sharp Sewing Needles are more expensive than regular needles, but well worth it! They are the best sewing needle made because of the Japanese engineering designed into the needle. It is polished lengthwise with tiny, invisible grooves, resulting in less needle contact with your fabric, but that's just one of it's many features. Visit their websiteto read more,  and to view a fun tour of the factory, click here!
  • Thread Magic Thread Conditioner reduces thread drag, tangling and hand fatigue! Pair it with your Hiroshima needle and you'll be sewing at supersonic speed!
  • Gypsy “Rip It Away” Seam Ripper, another time saver has become my favorite seam ripper for removing straight seams. 
Melanie's Unboxing Video




I LOVED my May Cool Tools Maxie Mail Box!!! I loved receiving new sewing tools plus learning how to use them!!!! I can't for the June Maxie Mail Box! Subscribe here.


Have a great day and happy sewing! 

Be sure to follow me on Instagram @mellierc and here on my A Bit of Scrap Stuff Blog for more sewing fun!

Melanie

Previous Maxie Mail Subscription Blog Posts
April 2018 - Peppermint Rose Pillowcases
March 2018 - Strippy Aunt Josie Mini Quilt/Pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!