Friday, July 21, 2017

Persimmon Punch Table Runner with Forth Worth Fabric Studio


I'm excited to share my Cottage Charm Table Runner with Persimmon Punch Friday Bundle Batch at Fort Worth Fabric Studio. I just loved sewing with this week's Friday Bundle Batch. The Cottage Charm Table Runner (available in the Sew This and That book) is such a fun and quick pattern to sew! I was able to sew the entire table runner including the binding and backing with the fat quarter bundle and a bit of Moda Grunge Vanilla (optional). I love being able to use every bit of my bundles. Plus I was able to save a few 2.5" squares for an extra bonus project that I will share next week ;).

The Persimmon Punch Friday Bundle Batch features Moda's Hazelwood with some Moda Grunge mixed in! It is such a lovely combination!

  1. Hazelwood Peonies Cloud - Moda
  2. Just Color Red - Studio E
  3. Basically Low Typewriter Text Gray - Red Rooster
  4. Pixies Square Dot Blender Lime - Ink & Arrow
  5. Grunge Hits the Spot White Paper - Moda
  6. Strawberry Moon Petit Henna Garden Meadow - Michael Miller
  7. Hazelwood Leaves Persimmon - Moda
  8. Sewing School Text Green - Ella Blue

Ready to make your Persimmon Punch Table Runner-
Supplies

5. 22" x 56" piece of batting

Cutting Fabric - You will need the book for the cutting measurements



Book color: Fabric from bundle
1. Light Squares: Basically Low Typewriter Text Gray and Moda Grunge Vanilla
2. Mint-green squares: Strawberry Moon Petit Henna Garden Meadow
3. Pink squares: Sewing School Text Green
4. Yellow squares: Grunge Hits the Spot White Paper
5. Coral squares: Hazelwood Leaves Persimmon
6. Mint Green Floral: Hazelwood Peonies Cloud
7. Binding:Pixies Square Dot Blender Lime (I cut mine 2.25" x 21" as I thought I needed 8 strips, but (7) 2.5" x 21" strips would've worked just fine as you only need 7 strips) 

Piecing- 
Follow pattern directions in book, but omit the appliqué.



Backing:
I chose to piece my backing by using my left over pieces from my fat quarter bundle! I love to use my entire bundle!  Plus it makes the project reversible.



Finishing and Quilting- 

I chose to free motion stipple using Aurifil natural white (perfect match) to quilt my table runner





A bit about the Sew This and That book


I love purchasing books as they are a great value! Fort Worth Fabric has the Sew This and That book on sale for $16.95...which means you get 13 patterns for only a little over a $1 per pattern! So much more affordable then $8-$12 for a single pattern! 

Here are a few of the projects I have made from this book (also with previous Friday Bundle Batches from Fort Worth Fabric Studio).  Two of the pillows are actually a table runner pattern, but I chose to sew one block instead of 3. 





Thank you again to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for having me sew this project with the adorable Persimmon Punch Fat Quarter Bundle!!! Be sure to grab your bundle here before it sells out. Sew This and That Book available here too! 

Be sure to tag your projects on social media with #sewingwithfwfabricstudio and @fwfabricstudio and me @mellierc so I can see them!

Happy Friday!!!
Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!