Today I want to share a bonus project from my Persimmon Punch Friday Bundle Batch from last week! I had just a few 2.5" squares left over....so I thought I needed a matching hot pad/pot holder to match my table runner!
A quick mini- tutorial. Project finishes at a 10.5" square.
1. Cut out twenty five 2.5" squares total
- 5 squares - Strawberry Moon Petit Henna Garden Meadow
- 4 squares - Sewing School Text Green
- 16 squares- a mix of: Basically Low Typewriter Text Gray, Moda Grunge Vanilla,Grunge Hits the Spot White Paper
2. Arrange blocks and sew as shown below
3. Cut one 11-13" square of Basically Low Typewriter Text for backing
4. Piece together leftover 2.5" strips for a scrappy binding
Top- Pieced 5x5 block
1st Layer- Batting
2nd Layer - Insul-brite
Bottom Layer - Backing
6. Quilt as desired. I had to stitch very slowing when free motion quilting because of the thick layers.
Now you can enjoy your Bonus Persimmon Punch hot pad/pot holder! I love being able to make matching projects and using up all of my fabrics scraps!!!
I have another fun project this Friday with a new Friday Bundle Batch with Fort Worth Fabric Studio....so be sure to check back!!!
Have a great week!