Monday, May 1, 2017

Bella Skill Builder- Flying Geese



Happy May 1st and Month 4 of the Fat Quarter Shop Bella Skill Builder. This month is Flying Geese and I LOVE them!!! I used to get frustrated sewing flying geese until I discovered the Quilt in a Day Flying Geese Ruler....it makes perfect flying geese every time!!!

This month's block came together rather quickly and easily plus with perfect points!!

Let's make your (12) 3"x 6" finished flying geese


Supplies

1. Bella Solids of your choice. Available here or grab the kit that Fat Quarter shop created here.
2. Bella Skill Builder Block 4 Pattern. Available here
3. Quilt in a Day: Flying Geese Ruler. I LOVE this ruler. It made my blocks perfect!
4. Jolly Jabber Blog for helpful tips. 
5. Fat Quarter Shop Video
6. Alphabitties 

-Oringinal Bella Skill Builder Blog post with links to all 10 patterns and videos.

Flying Geese Block tips

  • Buy the Quilt in a Day: Flying Geese Ruler. I don't always buy the speciality ruler, but this ruler will give you perfect blocks! Plus you will want to make more...so I bought both sizes :)
  • Iron after each step before trimming.
  • Follow the FQS pattern. It give ironing and trimming instructions so your blocks will be perfect!

Here is the video that Kimberly made a few years ago about this fabulous ruler!




I'm having sew much fun with the monthly Bella Skill Builder! I love that I am making some blocks for the first time plus learning helpful tips to improve my sewing! Thank you Fat Quarter Shop!
I can't wait for June 1st!

Have a great Monday!!! Be sure to follow me on Instagram @mellierc for more sewing fun!


Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!