Friday, March 10, 2017

Placemats with Fat Quarter Shop Sew Along with ByAnnie's Soft and Stable


Happy Friday! Today I'm sharing one of my placemats using ByAnnie's Soft and Stable Project Pack with her Free Pattern and Fat Quarter Shop. It was too funny as my husband was saying that maybe we needed some new placemats for our dining table after one really messy dinner (we have 3 kids :) ) AND the next day I received an email from Fat Quarter Shop asking if I wanted to join this Sew Along...it was perfect!

What I love about this pattern is that is you can make it match your home based on your fabric choices. We have a modern style home, but I snuck in these tiger cats for my daughter's placemat :). It is a nice and quick pattern as you quilt as you go!

Supplies:


You just need ByAnnie's Soft and Stable Project Pack (makes 4 placemats per pack), the FREE pattern included in pack, Fat Quarters or yardage, and sewing basics (rotary cutter, ruler, mat, Aurifil thread, and marking pencil/pen). I decided to use some neutral fabrics from my Cotton & Steel stash. I knew the neutrals would match our dining room well. 

Another fun sewing skill that you use is...using the backing fabric to bind your project! Yes...no separate binding fabric is needed.  I tried to snap a picture to show the finished self-binding method. Pretty snazzy and quick!


Ready to make your own???
Check out the Fat Quarter Shop Jolly Jabber Blog for more information...here
Plus Fat Quarter Shop made a video to help us out....here 
Soft and Stable White Project Pack ByAnnie...here

We are all set for dinner now. Don't worry...they are machine washable too!

Thank you to Fat Quarter Shop for sending me a ByAnnie's Soft and Stable Project Pack to sew my placemats. My family LOVES them (the boys didn't even mention the flowers ;) )!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Be sure to follow me on Instagram @mellierc to see all of my sewing projects plus follow my Mostly Crafty Blog so you don't miss a post.

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read them!