I just LOVE this week's Friday Bundle Batch: True Blue at Fort Worth Fabric Studio! When this lovely bundle arrived, I decided a hexagon table runner would be perfect! I used my Hex N More Ruler to create the hexagons with NO y-seams for this fun project!
This week's bundle highlights the Something Blue collection by Emily Hayes for Penny Rose. My favorite fabric is the gray and blue large floral -Something Blue Main Print Gray by Penny Rose. I just love the blues and gray fabrics in this bundle!
I have a little tutorial below so you can make a True Blue Table Runner too! Let's get sewing!
1. Friday Bundle Batch: True Blue Fat Quarter Bundle- You will use the entire bundle for the table runner top, backing, and binding.
3. True Grips - I LOVE these grips on my Hex N More ruler! They make it so much easier to cut out the hexagon shapes....no slipping and no cut fingers! I consider them a must have.
4. Alphabitties - These will help in keeping your fabrics in order when sewing the half hexagons together.
5. Aurifil Dove 2600 - it is the perfect gray
1. Cut (2) 3.5"x 21" strips from 7 fat quarters and (4) 3.5" x 21" strips from 1 fat quarter. We will be making the 6.5" half hexagon (6" finished hexagon)
2. Cut a total of 27 half hexagon pairs. (3 hexagon pairs per two strips)
3. Cut (8) 2.5" x 21" strips for scrappy binding
-Remaining fabric will be pieced together to make the backing.
-The Hex N More ruler comes with cutting directions or here is a video by Jaybird Quilts.
Piecing the table runner
1. Layout the hexagons in desired configuration. Example below.
2. Use Alphabitties to number rows. This will make it so much easier to sew the rows together- especially if you want to chain piece. Just keep the row number clipped to the far left half hexagon.
3. The half hexagons are very easy to sew together. Just use a quarter inch seam and line up the edges.
4. Piece backing with remaining pieces of fat quarters.
I quilted my table runner with diagonal lines along the seams. I used Aurifil Dove 2600 thread.
I had so much fun sewing this True Blue Table Runner. I'm sure I will be making more projects with the Hex N More Ruler!
Thank you again to Fort Worth Fabric Studio for having me create a project with this fabulous True Blue Fat Quarter Bundle!!! Be sure to get your bundle here -grab it soon as they have been selling out! Tag your projects on social media with #sewingwithfwfabricstudio and @fwfabricstudio and me @mellierc
Have a great day!